Staffordshire FA is pleased to announce that referee registration for season 2021/22 is now open.
The fee to register is £20, which includes:
• A license to referee
• Access to the SFA Referee Development Programme
• Opportunity to officiate in Staffordshire FA leagues and tournaments
• Support from Staffordshire FA staff and Discipline Process
• Public Liability Insurance
• Opportunity to referee in Staffordshire FA County Cups
The fee also supports the Staffordshire FA Mentoring Process and the Promotions Scheme.
Please follow the guidance around Safeguarding which can be found in our previous newsletter here.
Registration is completed via the Whole Game System – click here to start
Every year Staffordshire FA run a Promotions Scheme. This is for referees who wish to push themselves and move through the levels of the Men’s and Women’s pyramid and potentially start on their journey to the Football League, Premier League or like Simon Bennett (Staffs FA), Euro 2020. There is no cost to the Promotions Scheme.
In order to be eligible for the Promotions Scheme you must be at least 16 years old and regularly refereeing in Adult Football. If you wish to be involved in the Promotions Scheme but are not currently refereeing in Adult Football, please contact a local league via this link
Promotion Seminar & Laws of the Game Exam (compulsory for everyone) – Evening of Monday 6 September
Fitness Tests (only compulsory for promotion to Level 4, held at Rowley Park) – either Monday 26 July evening or Monday 23 August evening. If you are concerned about passing then attend the first test, so if you fail you can have another go. No additional dates will be added.
To apply to this year’s Promotion Scheme, please fill out this form
Closing Date – Sunday 25 July
For promotion to Level 6 and Level 5 & Women’s Pathway level 4 to 3
• Referee 20 games, a minimum of 80% of which must be on open-age football. Games below U18 will not be considered
• Successfully complete a Laws of the Game exam
• Attend Staffs FA promotion Seminar
• Complete at least 5 games as an Assistant Referee, if attempting promotion to Level 5
• Receive observations by Staffs FA and achieve appropriate feedback for Promotion (detailed at Seminar)
For Promotion from Level 5 – 4
Click here to view criteria
If you have any questions on the registration or promotion process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org