THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS IS OUR GOVERNING BODY
The Board of Directors...
• Ensures that we have a clear vision and strategy, influencing the way in which we are run both today and in the future whilst holding on to the ethos and traditions that make the game a national treasure
• Appoints the Senior Staff members and ensures compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, meets eleven or twelve times per year to discuss the business of the Association and give the Chief Executive Officer clear strategic direction going forward
• Acts solely with the Association’s interests at heart, and our Directors give up their valuable time and volunteer to support the workings of the organisation but above all to support the grassroots game in Staffordshire
Who is involved?
Our Board comprises of up to seven members who are all volunteers. The Council is responsible for appointing the Board Members from their membership but in addition the Board can appoint Independent Non-Executive Directors with specific skills to help them to achieve our vision.
THE COUNCIL IS THE GUARDIAN OF THE LOCAL GAME
• Plays an important role in how the Association is governed. Its main responsibility is to ensure that the Board of Directors are delivering against the strategy by monitoring and supporting their work
• Meets three times a year to discuss key issues and to advise the Board of Directors
• Members are custodians of the game and play a vital role championing the Association with those bodies that they represent and the wider football Community
Who is involved?
The Council is made up of Representatives from affiliated bodies, specific areas of the game, Independent Members, Life Vice Presidents and Life Members. In total the Council is over fifty in numbers and the members give up their valuable time to support the local game.