Celebrating Staffordshire Football Awards
On Friday 23rd September Staffordshire FA hosted its first-ever ‘Celebrating Staffordshire Football’ awards ceremony at Uttoxeter Racecourse.
Hosted by Dave Bryon, and very kindly sponsored by Magna Projects Ltd, the awards presentation and three-course-dinner showcased the outstanding achievements, projects and volunteers across the ever-growing grassroots game we all love.
As well as celebrating the winners of the England Football & McDonald’s Grassroots Football Awards, we also recognised the volunteers who have given up so much of their time over the years and have gone on to receive a long-service award.
The full list of winners are as follows;
• Grassroots Coach of the Year for Youth: Paul White
• Grassroots Coach of the Year for Adults: Craig Corrigan
• Grassroots Club of the Year: Chasetown FC
• Grassroots League of the Year: North Staffs Junior Youth League
• Grassroots Volunteer of the Year: Jodie Lowe
• Rising Star of the Year: Jasmin Turner
• Grassroots Grounds Team of the Year: Bulls Head Marchington
• Grassroots Project of the Year: Whittington Soccer Centre
• Grassroots Match Official of the Year: Stuart Allen
• The Spirit of Grassroots Football Award: Jackson Game
• Outstanding Contribution to National League System Football: Mick Joiner
• Outstanding Contribution to Grassroots Football: Mike Barnard
• Outstanding Contribution to Grassroots Football: Alan Parker
• Outstanding Contribution to Grassroots Football: Peter Grocott
• Outstanding Contribution to Grassroots Football: Clive Beardsley
• Outstanding Contribution to Grassroots Football: Mick Sanders
In addition to these awards, Staffordshire FA presented Stoke City Grounds Manager, Andy Jackson, with a special recognition award for his services to the grassroots game with the Pitch Improvement Programme.
Despite having an extremely busy day job, Andy has found time to support numerous football clubs and volunteers across Staffordshire over the last decade. During that time he has made over 100 site visits, produced countless reports & recommendations for clubs, hosted educational workshops for volunteers at the Stoke City’s training ground and stadium, and played a key part in the improvement of many grass football pitches across the county.