Business and Administration Apprentice
BUSINESS AND ADMINISTRATION APPRENTICE
Annual wage: £9,490.00
Working week: Your working week will consist of 36.5 hours Monday to Friday. You may be required to work the odd evening or weekend. Days and times to be confirmed. Total hours per week: 36.5
Expected duration: 12 Months
Possible start date: 26 Sep 2022
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate Level 2 (GCSE)
An exciting new opportunity to support delivery of The FA National Game Strategy and the Staffordshire Football Association Business Strategy. You will assist in the efficient running of the Football Services department and be the point of contact for the Staffordshire FA’s members helpdesk and telephone enquiries.
What will the apprentice be doing?
• To contribute to the effective implementation of The FA’s Safeguarding Operating Standard for County FAs.
• To support the adoption of FA technology systems across grassroots football.
• To comply with FA rules, regulations, policies, procedures and guidance that are in place from time to time.
• To administer the Associations Members Support Helpdesk functions, acting as the first point of contact for all enquiries
• To take all telephone enquiries, offering guidance and support as required to internal and external customers
• Coordinate office activities and operations to ensure efficiency and compliance across the Football Services functions
• To administer office correspondence to support all staff to ensure effective communication with customers including postal duties
• Accurately imputing and retrieving data from the Whole Game System (The FA’s IT System) and other relevant data input as required
• Support staff members with key administrative procedures, ensuring a high level of customer excellence at all times
• Assist with reception duties as needed and to be the point of call for all visitors to the Staffordshire FA Offices
• Taking and imputing telephone and online Payments
• Maintaining and ordering all stationary items and office supplies
• Administer all room hire booking, managing relationships with external customers
• Provide the highest level of customer excellence to support volunteers across all FA Technology systems.
• Provide administration support to safeguarding programmes, activities, events and communications.
• Maintain basic safeguarding awareness training and contribute to ensuring that safeguarding and equality are embedded throughout the Staffordshire FA and grassroots football.
• Collaborate with the Designated Safeguarding Officer to ensure the affiliation, sanctioning and registration processes are managed effectively and safeguarding requirements are met by clubs, leagues, coaches and referees.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
• Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard
• You will spend four days a week in the workplace and one day at Stafford College for your 'study day'.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon successful completion of your apprenticeship, you will have the opportunity to apply for any appropriate vacancy available at that time. It is our firm commitment to offer a permanent position wherever possible upon completion of your level 2 with the potential to progress to your level 3 qualification.
Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience
GCSE or equivalent English & maths (Grade 4/C) Desired
Things to consider
Throughout the apprenticeship process i.e. teaching, learning and assessment, you will be fully prepared to complete an End Point Assessment where you will be assessed through a combination of testing in controlled conditions, evidence produced in the workplace and recorded interview, therefore comprehensively examining the work you have completed. Interviews will be on-going and the vacancy will be withdrawn early if a suitable candidate is appointed. Please therefore complete your application as soon as possible.
All applications are being managed via the Government Apprenticeship Service and Sport Structures Education Community Interest Company and all applicants are required to apply online via the gov.uk website. Further details of the role and how to apply can be found by following this link:
Should you have any queries with regards to the Apprenticeship, please contact Kevin Staples at the Staffordshire FA via firstname.lastname@example.org or 01785 256994
Staffordshire FA are committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.