County Cup Final Round Up

A full round up of our 13 County Cup Finals

Challenge Cup - Rushall Olympic U21 2-4 Warstones Wanderers
The Staffordshire FA County Cup Finals got under way back on March 21st, and it was a six-goal thriller at Brocton FC. Warstones led 1-0 at half time, and then doubled their advantage five minutes in to the second half. Rushall got one back just after the hour mark but were soon pegged back by Warstones who added a third. A fourth was to follow on 70 minutes which put the game to bed. 

County Youth U16 Sunday Cup - Burntwood Dragons 4-2 FC Hanley Academy
The second game of the County Cup campaign was another exciting one. Burntwood Dragons saw themselves 2-0 up after 16 minutes, but Hanley got one back before the break. Dragons restored their two-goal advantage four minutes in to the second half, but Hanley weren’t there to roll over. They made it 3-2 on 65 minutes. With just six minutes left to play, Burntwood scored a fourth putting the game out of sight.

Midweek Floodlit Youth Cup - Newcastle Town U18 1-1 Haughmond U18 (5-4 penalties)
It took a penalty shootout to determine the winner of the Midweek Floodlit Youth Cup, with Newcastle running out as winners. But it was Haughmond who scored the first goal of the game after 33 minutes. They had another effort cleared off the line early in the second half, but Newcastle drew level just after the hour mark with a lovely chipped finish. The game ended 1-1, with Newcastle winning 5-4 on penalties.

County Youth U15 Sunday Cup - Milton United Sneyd Green 4-1 Lichfield City
Five more County Cup Final goals followed in this game, four in favour of Milton United Sneyd Green. The first half ended 0-0, but Milton turned on the style in the second half, despite going behind on 53 minutes. Four goals in the last 15 minutes was enough to see them lift the trophy. 

Sam Kimberley Trophy - BoJollys FC H-W R.C.U.K Boca
Staffordshire FA can confirm that BoJollys FC have awarded the Sam Kimberley Trophy after R.C.U.K Boca were found guilty of playing an ineligible player in the final tie.

Senior Challenge Vase - Sikh Hunters 1-2 Redgate Clayton
On a cold and wet night at Stafford Rangers, Redgate Clayton picked up the Senior Challenge Vase thanks to a 2-1 victory over Sikh Hunters. Redgate’s first goal of the evening came on 26 minutes thanks to a fine finish from Dave Ashley. They doubled their lead just two minutes later through Chris Smith. Sikh Hunters battled back and put the pressure on thanks to a Redgate Clayton own goal, but ultimately, they couldn’t find an equaliser.

Ladies Challenge Cup - Stoke City FC Women 10-0 Leek Town Ladies
Stoke City FC Women ran out comfortable winners against Leek Town Ladies at Stafford Town. They saw themselves 4-0 in front at the break and came out in the second half to score a further six goals. Congratulations to Stoke City FC Women who retained their Ladies Challenge Cup crown for another year.

County Youth Challenge Cup - FC Hanley Academy 2-3 (AET) FC Ramblers
It took extra time to separate FC Hanley Academy and FC Ramblers, but it was the away side that came away on top. The first goal of the game came after 29 minutes through a Hanley penalty, but Ramblers got back on level terms four minutes before the break. Ramblers then took the lead three minutes in to the second half, but Hanley drew level on 75 minutes, taking the tie to extra time. A third penalty of the night saw Ramblers take the lead on 109 minutes, this time without reply from Hanley.

Sunday Challenge Cup - Crescent FC 1-2 Hawkins Sports
In an evenly-contested fixture, Hawkins Sports took the lead after just three minutes thanks to Callum Head, and that’s how the score remained until the 79th minute where Hawkins grabbed a second. Crescent made it 1-2 with five minutes to go but they left it too late for a comeback.

Senior Challenge Cup - Stone Old Alleynians 1-3 Stafford Rangers
It was David vs Goliath in the Staffordshire Senior Cup at Burton Albion’s Pirelli Stadium, but it was Stone Old Alleynians who netted first, in their Senior Cup Final debut. Luke Askey popped up at the back post to head home and make it 1-0. Rangers fought back and levelled the game on 39 through man-of-the-match Tom Tonks. He had a hand in the second goal, too, as the ball come in from the right, Tonks guided it on for Anderson to put Rangers head. They scored a third and wrapped the game up with just over ten minutes to play as Anderson scored his second of the game in front of 741 supporters.

Sunday Premier Cup - Knave of Clubs FC 1-4 Men Unite
Men Unite scored two of the goals of the Cup Final campaigns in a 4-1 victory over Knave of Clubs. They broke the deadlock on 35 minutes thanks to Kofi Pollard, and they added a second just two minutes later. Seven minutes in to the second half, captain Lee Cropper added a third for Men Unite as the looked to put one hand on the trophy. A 25-yard effort from Kyle Diskin saw a forth hit the back of the net. Knave of Clubs added a consolation goal in added time.

TB Williamson Cup - Betley FC 2-1 AFC Moorlands
The penultimate game of the County Cup Final season didn’t take long to spark in to life. AFC Moorlands took the lead on 11 minutes from a 20-yard freekick, curled in by Adam Coulston. Betley looked to turn it around and took a huge step by equalising just before the break. The home side then took the lead with five minutes left to play thanks to Danny Lavalette.

Walsall Senior Cup – Rushall Olympic 2-0 Sporting Khalsa
County Cup action was rounded off at Walsall’s Banks’s Stadium as two local rivals looked to battle it out for the Walsall Senior Cup crown. Khalsa weren’t helped by the sending off of goalkeeper Sam Arnold after six minutes. He was replaced by striker Josh McKenzie between the sticks. Rushall made their man advantage county just after the half hour mark as a cross from the by-line was headed home in to the far corner by man-of-the-match Tom Thorley. It was always an uphill battle for Khalsa from then onwards, and Rushall added a second on 57 minutes – again, another cross in to the box was headed down and flicked home by Kristian Green. The attendance was 791.