FREE Coach Development Event
BENEFITS OF SMALL SIDED GAMES
Tuesday 5th April, 6pm – 9pm @ Leek Town, FREE event
This event will take a look in to how we can help develop skilful behaviour within our players, what it looks like across the 4 corners, what practices might help and how we can shape the practice to encourage more exploration of skilful solutions.
The event will showcase a number of practices, delivered by our Coach Development Officers, for you to consider. They will highlight how we can apply a range of constraints that will present new problems for our players to overcome, they will ask you to observe and consider how the 4 corners interconnect and influence how players adapt to new situations.
Matt Jones (FA Regional Coach Development Officer), Chris Lowe (PE Officer) and Stacey Miles (FA Women & Girls Development Officer) will be delivering the event.
Questions this workshop will aim to answer:
How can small sided games aid the progression of our players?
How can we, as coaches, support the different needs and abilities of our players using small sided games (STEP)?
How can small sided games help improve attacking and defensive skills?
What can coaches expect to take away?
1) Some example practices that they could use to support them with this topic
2) An understanding of how constraints can encourage the player to develop skilful solutions
3) Knowledge of how small sided games link in with The FA 4 Corner Model
Please watch the 2-minute pre video and come prepared to share your thoughts of how small sided games would benefit your team: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f747GHwdgUI
1. Please be aware that this event is outdoors – please bring appropriate clothing and footwear
2. This event may involve practical involvement