New Referee Course Released
Details of a new referee course have been released.
The FA Referee Course is designed to equip new referees with the key skills and knowledge they will need to be able to referee grassroots football matches safely and effectively. The course comprises online learning on the Laws of the Game and face to face training.
BOOK ONLINE NOW
The online learning comprises five modules and will take approximately 90 minutes to complete. Videos are used throughout to demonstrate how the Law should be applied and there are activities which help to reinforce important points. At the end of each module, learners' knowledge will be tested and you will have to answer a total of 40 questions. Learners must answer every question correctly before they can download a certificate and successful completion is shown on their Whole Game System record.
Module 1 - Before the Match
Module 2 - Signals and Communication
Module 3 - 'Getting it Right'
Module 4 - Offside
Module 5 - Managing Restarts and Set-Pieces
Face to Face Training
The face to face training mixes theory work and practical activity on a pitch. The key points from the online learning are reinforced in the theory sessions, as well as covering how to build rapport and dealing with inappropriate behaviour. On the pitch, learners will be given the opportunity to turn their knowledge into skills through refereeing different game based scenarios.
- Learners must have completed all of the online learning modules before attending the face to face training.
- Learners must have contacted the Referee Secretary from the local league you wish to referee in once you have completed the course.
- If aged 14 or 15 you must complete the FA Safeguarding for All course prior to attending. If aged 16+, you must have completed The FA Safeguarding Children course prior to attending, as well as commencing the DBS process.
- You must fill a COVID Self Screening form that will be sent out 24 hours before both days of the course. All learners must return a negative lateral flow test within 24 hours prior to attending the course on both days.
- All learners must wear a face mask whilst indoors.
Venue: Newcastle College, Knutton Ln, Newcastle-under-Lyme, Newcastle ST5 2GB
Workshop 1: Thursday 24th March , 6-9.15pm
Workshop 2: Sunday 27th March, 9-5pm
When booking, please input details of the person attending the course (not parents details if U18). If you are having problems booking on using an U18 details, please refer to the help guidance here: https://bit.ly/3wGMMvI