Term: Full Time
Hours: 36.5 per week
Employer: Staffordshire Football Association
The Staffordshire Football Association aims to providing a safe and inclusive environment where everyone can achieve their football aspirations. We are passionate about developing grassroots football and we are now actively recruiting an inspirational and dynamic leader to support, inspire and lead the work of our Participation and Workforce teams in line with the Staffordshire FA Business Strategy ‘Uniting the Knot’.
This exciting role will lead all areas of our Participation and Workforce operational plan, as well as having a specific focus on club and coach development. This varied and inclusive role will work with the County’s Clubs to support their ongoing development programmes to ensure they are sustainable and have strong structures in place.
You will also deliver the Staffordshire FA Coach Development Strategy to support coaches and volunteers to further their development and reach their full potential. Leadership will be at the heart of the role, managing a small team of staff to ensure key targets are achieved along with supporting individuals with their work programme and wellbeing.
Maximising the opportunity to work with key partners and the grassroots football workforce, the inspirational leader will be able to create innovative solutions and influence across all levels to ensure participants from all backgrounds can thrive within the game.
• To support delivery of The FA National Game Strategy and the Staffordshire FA Business Strategy.
• Lead the Football Participation & Football Workforce Teams, providing effective management of all support services, maintaining high standards across all areas.
• Provide direction, instruction and guidance to the Football Participation & Football Workforce Teams to meet the objectives of the Staffordshire FA Business Plan.
• Oversee the delivery of key KPI’s including Players, Coaching, Refereeing, England Accreditation, Freshdesk, Customer Satisfaction, Safeguarding and Respect
• To develop and deliver the Staffordshire FA Coach, Volunteering, Club and Youth Engagement Strategies in order to meet the needs of grassroots football.
• To create a culture of coaching excellence through the provision of high-quality coach development opportunities, with a focus on BAME and female coaches.
• To contribute to the effective implementation of The FA’s Safeguarding Operating Standard for County FAs.
• To support the adoption of FA technology systems across grassroots football.
• To comply with FA rules, regulations, policies, procedures and guidance that are in place from time to time.
The key work areas include:
• Deliver a performance management framework for the Participation & Workforce staff.
• Lead the delivery of key KPIs in conjunction with the Head of Delivery and Senior Leadership team
• Lead the Football Participation & Football Workforce Committees in conjunction with the Committee Chairperson. Oversee working/focus groups as required.
• Support the Senior Leadership Team to deliver the SFA Business Plan and annual Operational Plan.
• Listen to and consult with under-18 coaches on their experiences of grassroots football as part of the Staffordshire FA youth engagement strategy.
• Deliver the Staffordshire FA coach development programme, including CPD, coach mentoring, and liaising with key partners to support the needs of the game.
• Recruit, retain and develop coaches through The FA qualification framework and local CPD opportunities, with a focus on BAME and female coaches.
• Increase the number of England Accredited clubs and deliver a programme of services to clubs and leagues. Ensure the England Accredited club and league renewal process is administered and ensure safeguarding requirements are met.
• Work with clubs to establish sustainable club development and business plans, to gain investment for (Revenue) and facility improvements (Capital). Ensure clubs can be Investment Ready.
How to apply:
Applicants will be expected to have a minimum of two years football/sports development experience and have experience of leading a team or is an aspiring leader. Experience of managing multiple priorities, meeting key deadlines and providing exemplary customer service are essential. Experience of working in a football/sports development network as well as experience in building key strategic partnerships is required. You need to be passionate and committed to enhancing grassroots football, have the ability to inspire, be innovative and influence to be successful and lead a team. Excellent administration, IT and communication skills are also required.
Strong relationship management, the drive to be successful and passion for the game are crucial to the role as well as being able to demonstrate both team working and the ability to work unsupervised. Candidates will have exemplary interpersonal skills and be able to inspire individuals and groups.
To formally apply:
Please complete the Staffordshire FA Employment Application Form and Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form below and return via email to email@example.com stating in the subject line ‘Ref: Participation & Workforce Lead’
Closing date: Monday 22 November 2021 at 5pm
Interviews will take place: w/c 29 November 2021
Staffordshire FA are committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Please note: Due to the number of expected applications for the position, if you have not heard from us within 5 days of the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.