Term: Full Time
Hours: 36.5 per week
Employer: Staffordshire Football Association
The Staffordshire Football Association aims to providing a safe and inclusive environment where everyone can achieve their football aspirations. We are passionate about developing grassroots football and we are now actively recruiting a dynamic, energetic and inspirational Communications Officer to join our team.
This exciting role will lead the Staffordshire FA’s Communication functions, working across the business to implement and enhance all of our communications including websites, social media, internal and external publications as well as ensuring the branding and image of the Staffordshire FA is maintained to a high level.
The role will support all key areas of the Staffordshire FA Business Strategy ‘Uniting the Knot’ and all Football Services Staff with their roles, managing a complex communications programme to maximise opportunities, enhance our image and support our work to create new and exciting partnerships.
• To support delivery of The FA National Game Strategy and the Staffordshire FA Business Strategy.
• To lead the development, implementation and review of all Staffordshire FA marketing and communications functions.
• To enhance the image, profile and reputation of the Staffordshire FA.
• To contribute to the effective implementation of The FA’s Safeguarding Operating Standard for County FAs.
• To support the adoption of FA technology systems across grassroots football.
• To comply with FA rules, regulations, policies, procedures and guidance that are in place from time to time.
The key work areas include:
• Maintain control over the Staffordshire FA brand. Ensure the brand is modern and relevant.
• Provide local communications support to dedicated FA campaigns.
• Manage the Staffordshire FA website and social media accounts ensuring that they remain a central resource for the dissemination of information to all stakeholders.
• Lead all communication channels for the Active Through Football Programme (Stoke on Trent).
• Develop links within the local media to ensure that there is regular coverage of the Staffordshire FA.
• Co-ordinate the publication of the Staffordshire FA printed material including weekly, monthly and annual publications.
• Maintain a picture library and a record of all published articles.
• Support a programme of public events, particularly County Cup finals, CPD events, Referee Courses.
• Lead and administer the Staffordshire FA annual awards programmes including Long Service and Community Awards.
• Review the Staffordshire FA branding and visual imagery ensuring consistency across all media.
• Review the Staffordshire FA external/ internal publications. Ensure consistency of message, maximise efficiency.
• Expertly and effectively manage incoming media requests. Proactively protect and promote the reputation of the Staffordshire FA within the media.
• Ensure all communications via social media with under-18s are in line with the safeguarding policies.
How to apply:
Applicants will be expected to have experience of managing communication functions and be able to work to multiple priorities, meeting key deadlines and providing exemplary customer service. Experience of working in a communications role is essential as well as experience in working with internal and external teams to manage strategic programmes. You need to be passionate and committed to enhancing grassroots football, have the ability to inspire, be innovative and influence to be successful. Excellent administration, IT and communication skills are also required.
To formally apply:
Please complete the Staffordshire FA Employment Application Form and Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form below and return via email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating in the subject line ‘Ref: Communications Officer’
Closing date: Monday 22 November 2021 at 5pm
Interviews will take place: w/c 29 November 2021
Staffordshire FA are committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Please note: Due to the number of expected applications for the position, if you have not heard from us within 5 days of the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.