The FA Snickers Just Play! gives the casual footballer a chance to just turn up to a venue and play football.
The Just Play kickabout is recreational football at its best – it’s about turning up for an hour of exercise and a bit of fun. It’s football for those who can’t or don’t want to commit to an eight-month long season of matches and training.
Who is it for?
It’s for those aged 16+. It’s for adults, for men, for women, for disabled people. For those who’ve played before and those who haven’t. As a provider, you can make your sessions open to all, or you can tailor and advertise them to a specific audience – veterans, female-only, over 60s mixed. It’s your session to run. Whatever sessions you set up, it’s about keeping it fun for the player – after all, this could be the stepping stone they need to get back into playing club football or 5-a-side competition.
How does it work?
The FA gives a license to applicants from across the country to run a Snickers Protein Just Play by England Football Programme. We provide organisers with game plans, branded Snickers Protein Just Play by England Football kit, and branding to put up on the sidelines to make the sessions look professional. You’ll run weekly sessions throughout the year with a Level 1 coach or an FA Lead Playmaker. A typical kickabout starts off with a warm-up and skills training, followed by a game scenario which can be chosen by the players themselves. It’s a great way to earn some money through weekly player fees.
- Access to £300 worth of funding
- Branded Snickers Just Play branded equipment (16 bibs, 5 footballs, banner, stack of cones)
- Access to digital assets, to help advertise your sessions online and offline through posters
- Session promoted through the https://find.englandfootball.com/ website
- A minimum of 16 weeks’ worth of delivery per year, taking weekly registers on the FA Events Platform
- Have appropriate documents in place (Risk Assessment, H&S Checklist, Public Liability Insurance)
- Have appropriate Safeguarding measures in place, if your session has 16- & 17-year olds playing
- Lead Coach must have a minimum of the BT Playmaker qualification (free to do) or FA Level 1, FA Safeguarding and FA Emergency Aid. (If accommodating U18, must also have in date DBS certificate).
For further information, please download the provider guidance sheet here or contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
To start your application, head to - https://faevents.thefa.com/