Reporting to: Community and Partnerships Manager
Hours: 37.5, may consider part time for the right person
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Location: Burton Albion Community Football Centre
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date: Sunday 14 November 2021
Interview Date: 22 / 23 November
Summary of your role:
Burton Albion Community Trust (BACT) is the independent charitable arm of Burton Albion FC and is looking to recruit a Business Development Manager.
This exciting new role has a wide range of responsibilities, with a principal focus on identifying business development opportunities, effectively evidencing the impact of our programme delivery and diversifying income streams.
The Business Development Manager will support the Head of Community and Senior Management Team with the overall growth of the organisation, demonstrating the values and expectations of Burton Albion Community Trust (BACT).
This new position requires the individual to horizon scan, identify and secure business and funding opportunities that support and add value to the current organisation strategy.
The role will require the individual to have a clear understanding of current delivery across all programmes and work closely with the Management team to monitor and present current impact being achieved. Excellent verbal and written skills will be required, as you’ll meet regularly with members of the programme management team to discuss future projects and create high-quality and convincing applications which bring in the funds to enable these to happen.
Finally, the role also involves managing successful relationships with key stakeholders, requires the ability to work remotely and often work outside normal office hours. Flexibility is essential as some evening and weekend work may be necessary.
Your key responsibilities, but not limited to:
• Work closely with the Senior Management Team to implement the organisations fundraising strategy and achieve annual activity and income targets.
• Proactively identify, research, and prioritise new opportunities that are strong funding prospects for BACT.
• Liaise and work with members of BACT to create outcome focus groups to gain insight into the specific needs of each programme and match these needs to funding opportunities.
• Help develop and write well-researched, compelling, and creative applications to grant funders and foundations to achieve agreed financial targets.
• Develop excellent relationships with funders and partners, delivering excellent stewardship, including the creation of engaging impact reports and project feedback.
• Ensure regulatory legal compliance and best practice.
• Maintain excellent record keeping.
• Keep up to date with sector knowledge regarding fundraising techniques, resources and donor trends.
We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more wide-ranging we are, the better our work will be. We are committed to Safeguarding children and adults at risk. The necessary Disclosure and Barring Service check will apply to this post.
If you require any further information or wish to discuss the opportunity, please contact Matt Hancock, Head of Community on 07841 669182.
DOWNLOAD: APPLICATION PACK