Term: Full Time
Hours: 36.5 per week
Employer: Staffordshire Football Association
Staffordshire Football Association aims to provide a safe and inclusive environment where everyone can achieve their football aspirations. We are passionate about developing grassroots football and we are now actively recruiting a dynamic, inspirational individual to support our work in line with the Staffordshire FA Business Strategy ‘Uniting the Knot’.
This exciting role will lead our Club and Coach networks and provide a supportive, inclusive programme to help achieve and deliver a comprehensive performance framework. With a focus on volunteer and young people engagement, this varied role will work with football clubs across Staffordshire to support their ongoing development programmes, to ensure sustainability and have strong structures in place.
The role will also deliver the Staffordshire FA Coach Development Strategy to support coaches to reach their full potential, along with maximising the opportunity to work with key partners and the grassroots football workforce. The role will be able to inspire innovation across all levels, to ensure participants from all backgrounds can thrive within the game.
• To support delivery of The FA National Game Strategy and the Staffordshire FA Business Strategy.
• To develop and deliver the Staffordshire FA Coach, Volunteering, Club and Youth Engagement Strategies in order to meet the needs of grassroots football.
• Manage the delivery of key KPIs including Coaching, England Accreditation, Freshdesk, Customer Satisfaction, Safeguarding and Respect
• To create a culture of coaching excellence through the provision of high-quality coach development opportunities, with a focus on BAME and female coaches.
• To support, service and encourage inclusive club structures across the County with complete player pathways through collaboration, sharing of resources and knowledge.
• To create a culture of volunteer excellence through the provision of high-quality volunteer development opportunities to enhance club services
• To contribute to the effective implementation of The FA’s Safeguarding Operating Standard for County FAs.
• To support the adoption of FA technology systems across grassroots football.
• To comply with FA rules, regulations, policies, procedures and guidance that are in place from time to time.
The key work areas include:
• Deliver the Staffordshire FA coach development programme, including CPD, coach mentoring, and liaising with key partners to support the needs of the game.
• Lead the delivery of the Staffordshire FA Volunteer and Youth Engagement Strategies
• Recruit, retain and develop coaches through The FA qualification framework and local CPD opportunities, with a focus on BAME and female coaches.
• Increase the number of England Accredited clubs and deliver a programme of services to clubs. Ensure the England Accredited club renewal process is administered and ensure safeguarding requirements are met.
• Work with clubs to establish sustainable club development and business plans
• Support, service and encourage inclusive clubs with complete player pathways through local collaboration and sharing of resources and knowledge to meet the needs of all players.
• Work with clubs to gain investment for club development (Revenue) and facility improvements (Capital). Ensure clubs can be Investment Ready.
• Promote positive behaviour in youth football and address aggressive side-line behaviour.
• Oversee the delivery of the Staffordshire FA Volunteer and Youth Engagement Strategies
• Ensure that grassroots football is inclusive, diverse and reflective of local communities.
• Contribute to ensuring that safeguarding and equality are embedded throughout the Staffordshire FA and grassroots football.
How to apply:
Applicants will be expected to have experience of managing multiple priorities, meeting key deadlines and providing exemplary customer service. Experience of working in a football/sports development network is essential as well as experience in building key strategic partnerships. You need to be passionate and committed to enhancing grassroots football, have the ability to inspire, be innovative and influence to be successful. Excellent administration, IT and communication skills are also required.
Strong relationship management, the drive to be successful and passion for the game are essential as well as being able to demonstrate both team working and the ability to work unsupervised. Candidates will have exemplary interpersonal skills and be able to inspire individuals and groups.
To formally apply:
Please complete the Staffordshire FA Employment Application Form and Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form below and return via email to email@example.com stating in the subject line ‘Ref: Football Workforce Officer’
Closing date: Sunday 16 January 2022 at 5pm
Interviews will take place: w/c 24 January 2022
Staffordshire FA are committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Please note: Due to the number of expected applications for the position, if you have not heard from us within 5 days of the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY MONITORING FORM