Weetabix Wildcats – Application Window Now Open!
What is Weetabix Wildcats?
Weetabix Wildcats is an offer for every girl aged 5-11, regardless of ability, disability, impairment or health condition, to try football for the first time in a fun, safe environment.
The Weetabix Wildcats Programme was introduced to address the findings that only 3% of all mini soccer teams cater exclusively for girls and as such only 41% of girls (compared to 95% of boys) under the age of 10 regularly play football.
Who Can Apply?
Applications are welcomed from any organisation that meets the Weetabix Wildcats criteria. Organisations that have previously delivered Weetabix Wildcats can apply to run additional programmes. In doing so they must continue running the original sessions they have set up.
What are Weetabix Wildcats sessions?
• A unique offer of Weetabix Wildcats sessions at a particular location and time, attracting a particular cohort/group of young girls.
• The programme must be delivered for 2 years, with minimum of 16 weeks per year
• Have capacity to deliver for a minimum of 30 girls/participants per session
• Each session must be a minimum of one hour duration
• Each provider must use the England Football Events Platform to create sessions and take attendance weekly
What will new providers receive?
How to apply
The application window for new providers to apply is open until 31 January, with all applicants receiving confirmation of whether they were successful or not by Monday 7 February.
To view the Weetabix Wildcats Applicant Guidance Document, CLICK HERE
To start your application, visit: https://faevents.thefa.com/
For more information, please contact Jake Triggs on firstname.lastname@example.org