A vacancy has arisen in our popular monthly Vets League South in 2021
The place has arisen in the Premier Division of the league, which will cater for six teams. Fixtures are played on the first Friday evening of each month, from February to November.
A total of 30 teams will compete in the league in 2021. The other five teams who will be playing in the premier division in 2021 are: Ace, Brocton, Burntwood Dragons, Diffusion and Rushall. All fixtures are played at central venue 3G pitches, with the premier division fixtures taking place at Rushall Olympic FC and Cardinal Griffin High School.
The Vets League South also caters for three other divisions in addition to the premier division, however those three divisions are now full for 2021, with just the final place in the premier division to be finalised. For an overview of how the league operates, please see below.
Staffordshire FA Veterans League South 2021
League Format Summary:
• Fixtures will take place on the first Friday evening of each month (second Friday in April to avoid the Easter weekend).
• All fixtures take place at central venue 3G pitches; the premier division fixtures take place at Rushall Olympic FC, and Cardinal Griffin School.
• All games are 60 minutes, 30 minutes each way.
• Kick-off times are approximately 7:10pm or 8:20pm.
• There will be 6 teams in the premier division, with 8 teams in the other three divisions.
• The premier division teams will play each other twice in the league, so 10 games in total across the calendar year, from February to November.
• The minimum age to play is 35; players can join the league as soon as they turn 35.
• Monthly match fee is £50 per team (to cover referee and pitch hire costs).
• Team insurance fee is £85 (personal accident insurance cover for the players).
• League deposit is £50 (which is fully-refundable on completion of all fixtures).
The current vacancy in the premier division will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis.
For further information on the league vacancy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org