Position: Football Participation Officer
Term: Full Time
Hours: 36.5 per week
Employer: Staffordshire Football Association
The Staffordshire Football Association aims to ensure the long term future of the game by providing the best possible environment and infrastructure where football will flourish in the County for all regardless of background or ability. We are passionate about developing grassroots football and we are now seeking to recruit a highly motivated and dynamic Football Participation Officer to join the Football Services Team to lead the growth and development of football participation programmes for existing and potential participants within youth football. Working with key partners to create innovative solutions to enhance current opportunities and create new, diverse programmes to benefit young participants across the game.
• To support and oversee all aspects of Youth Football, acting as a key contact with appropriate Clubs, Leagues, Partners and Participants to meet key performance objectives
• To support the delivery of the National Game Strategy across the Staffordshire FA network
The key work areas are:
• Plan and deliver programmes to deliver the targets to retain and grow participation within mini soccer, 9v9, 11v11 and small sided within youth football including transition U18 and U21 football
• To take specific responsibility for work within the youth game, increasing understanding and awareness of key issues and barriers to participation.
• Lead and support the delivery of Youth competitions and league structures with providers to ensure the structure meets the needs of all players, including flexible formats.
• Develop and deliver football programmes within Schools, developing intra school programmes, Club Link projects and School Games competitions. Act as the lead contact with the Staffordshire Schools FA, provide a comprehensive participation and support programme for Further Education Partners
• Identify, manage and develop relationships with key partners such as CSP to meet the objectives and targets of the County FA.
• Ensure the FA Respect programme is embedded within the Youth game.
To apply: Applicants will be expected to have excellent administration, IT and communication skills and have experience of managing multiple priorities, meeting key deadlines and providing exemplary customer service. Experience of working in a football/sports development network is essential as well as experience in building key strategic partnerships. You need to be passionate and committed to enhancing football at a local level, have the ability to inspire, be innovative and influence to be successful.
Strong relationship management and presentation skills are required and candidates must be able to demonstrate both team working and the ability to work unsupervised. Partnership working is key with candidates expressing excellent interpersonal skills.
To formally apply: Please submit your CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for the role against the responsibilities of the role to: Staffordshire FA, Dyson Court, Staffordshire Technology Park, Beaconside, Stafford, ST18 0LQ, marked for the attention of Kevin Staples. Alternatively, please email you application to firstname.lastname@example.org stating in the subject line ‘Ref: Football Participation Officer’
Closing date: Monday 24th September 2018
Interviews will take place: w/c 1st October 2018
Staffordshire FA are committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Please note: Due to the number of expected applications for the position, if you have not heard from us within 5 days of the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.