Communications and Relationships Officer (August 18)
Staffordshire Football Association Limited
Position: Communications & Relationships Officer
Term: Full Time
Hours: 36.5 per week
Employer: Staffordshire Football Association
Deadline: Wednesday 19th September 2018
The Staffordshire Football Association aims to ensure the long term future of the game by providing the best possible environment and infrastructure where football will flourish in the County for all regardless of background or ability. We are passionate about developing grassroots football and we are now seeking to recruit a highly motivated Communications & Relationships Officer to join the Football Services Team to help us manage and enhance both internal and external communications and build strong relationships across the County for the benefit of all of our members.
• To lead, manage and develop the communications operation across the Staffordshire FA network and to establish relationships to support the development of the Staffordshire FA and grassroots football
• To support the delivery of the National Game Strategy across the Staffordshire FA network
The key work areas are:
• Lead and develop the Associations Communications Strategy
• To be responsible for the creation and delivery of an annual marketing and communications calendar
• To be responsible for all marketing communications and branded marketing collateral. Manage external and internal publications to ensure consistency of message and maximise efficiency
• To lead, build and manage relationships with commercial, sponsor and charitable partners, including developing a Commercial Strategy. Create partnerships with key agencies, stakeholders to support the overall County FA business objectives (a target will be set for sponsorship income generation)
• Build and manage relationships with key partners to gain support for key communication projects e.g. Universities and PR/Media companies
• To manage and build the relationship between the County FA and local media and to obtain positive media coverage and profile PR and promotional campaigns. Work with the media to build a positive brand perception and publicity for the game across the County
• Assist in the delivery of the CFA business and operational plans
Applicants will be expected to have excellent administration, IT and communication skills and have experience of managing multiple priorities, meeting key deadlines and providing exemplary customer service. Experience of leading marketing and communication strategies is essential as well as experience in building links with partners. You need to be passionate and committed to enhance football at a local level, have the ability to inspire, be innovative and influence to be successful.
Strong relationship management and presentation skills are required and candidates must be able to demonstrate both team working and the ability to work unsupervised. Partnership working is key with candidates expressing excellent interpersonal skills.
To formally apply:
Please submit your CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for the role against the responsibilities of the role to: Staffordshire FA, Dyson Court, Staffordshire Technology Park, Beaconside, Stafford, ST18 0LQ, marked for the attention of Kevin Staples. Alternatively, please email you application to firstname.lastname@example.org stating in the subject line ‘Ref: Communications & Relationships Officer’ Please detail your salary expectations for the role within your covering letter.
Closing date: Wednesday 19th September 2018
Interviews will take place: Week commencing 24th September 2018
Staffordshire FA are committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Please note: Due to the number of expected applications for the position, if you have not heard from us within 5 days of the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.