Independent Non Executive Board Member Vacancy
Independent Non Executive Board Member
We are pleased to offer a unique opportunity to join our Board of Directors and make a real impact, in a newly created role as Independent Non- Executive Director.
Staffordshire Football Association is the governing body for football in the county of Staffordshire. We are responsible for leading and serving the game at amateur level, a sector widely referred to as “Grassroots” football. We aim to ensure the long term future of the game by providing the best possible environment and infrastructure where football will flourish in the County for all backgrounds and abilities.
Staffordshire Football Association Limited is a non for profit organisation, generating an annual turnover, primarily through grant funding, membership related income and commercial revenue. By developing innovative programmes and cultivating opportunities in alignment with The FA, the Staffordshire Football Association delivers the FA National Game Strategy across the County. Any surplus in funds is reinvested back into the game to support participation, raise the number and quality of coaches, improve local facilities, regulate and support the running of the game at every level, organise inspiring competitions and operate the County Headquarters in the County Town of Stafford. All with the overarching purpose of developing the game for all.
We are responsible for providing the structure and support that enables our players, coaches, volunteers and referees to develop. Our utmost priority is that every participant in our county is given the opportunity to develop in a progressive, enjoyable and safe environment. This is reflected in our vision - ‘Making a Difference Through Football’.
This is an exciting time for the Association. Following the completion of a corporate Governance Review and implementation, we are now best placed to deliver an excellent service to our Participants and Stakeholders. In June 2018, the Staffordshire Football Association membership ratified a number of corporate governance reforms to ensure compliance with guidelines and legislation and to by representative of the modern game within Staffordshire.
The role of the Independent Non-Executive Director:
· In conjunction with the SFA Board and Executive team, develop and execute the vision for the organisation;
· Provide independent and expert advice to support both the Board and Executive team in optimising performance;
· Ensure that The SFA promotes best practice corporate governance and provide challenge and feedback where necessary;
· Act as an ambassador for The SFA forging constructive within the local grassroots game;
· Promote the long-term interests of the Association across a diverse range of activities; and
· Commit to up to 20 days per annum to attend SFA Board and other relevant meetings
Key selection criteria:
· A deep interest in and knowledge of football, including the national game and grassroots level;
· A proven business leader, with experience as an Executive or Non-Executive on a Board;
· The intellect and natural curiosity to contribute widely to discussion, drawing on experience that will be credible to a variety of stakeholders;
· A progressive thinker who can use their skill and experience to foster a culture that respects diversity and is inclusive;
· Well-developed stakeholder management skills combined with the determination and resilience to get the job done;To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to the Chief Executive Officer; firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon on Tuesday 25th September 2018