up to £25,000
The Football Foundation offers grants of up to £25,000 for smaller capital items and projects to support grassroots football in England, improving the experience of playing football for everyone involved.
Football Facilities Officer
Phone: 01785 256994
- Goalposts: Grants for the purchase of new or replacement pairs of goalposts for use within community grassroots football.
- Storage containers: A simple, cost-effective way of increasing your capacity for equipment and freeing up space within your site.
- Portable floodlights: Grants for the purchase of new and preowned floodlights for use on 3G and grass pitch training areas.
- Changing pavilions & clubhouses: Minor and major works to improve existing changing facilities or build new ones. *
- 3G Pitch Maintenance Machinery & Equipment: Grants that help with the purchase of the maintenance equipment needed to keep your 3G surface looking and playing its best.
- Fencing: Grants towards ball retention systems, pest control fencing and boundary fencing and gates. *
- Small-sided facility improvement: Grants to build or improve the condition of small-sided artificial pitches. *
*Security of tenure is required for a minimum of 5 years.
Want to find out more?
You don’t have to be a football club to apply to the Football Foundation, however grassroots football must be an integral part of your offer.
You can apply if you’re:
- A not-for-profit football club or voluntary group
- A Local Authority
- A County FA
- A Professional Club Community Organisation
- An educational establishment providing facilities for the community
- A registered charity
- A not-for-profit company
- A community interest company (CIC) or other social enterprise
- A company limited by guarantee
You can’t apply if you’re:
- An individual or sole trader
- A national governing body
- A commercial / for-profit entity
- A club within the Premier League, Football League, National League System (Step 1 to 6), Regional Feeder League (Step 7), Women’s Football Pyramid (Tier 1 – 5) or the Cymru Premier League
Educational establishments providing facilities solely for their students
Due to the high demand for funding, the Football Foundation ask that applicants make no more than one application per season per organisation. Therefore, please give careful thought before applying that you have included everything within your submission that you need in order to prevent multiple applications being made.