FA Coaching Disabled Footballers
Minimum Age: 16
Course Duration: 6 hours - one day
Price: £49 (Charter Standard Club Price - £39)View available dates
This course is designed to provide you with ideas and practices for the inclusion of disabled players in football sessions, whether in mainstream or impairment specific sessions.
- Long term player development (LTPD)
- Disabled people and football
- Qualities of a good coach
- Safety and impairment - specific considerations
- Safeguarding children and vulnerable adults
- Planning and organising coaching sessions
- Implementation of the inclusion spectrum in coaching sessions
- Disability player pathways
- Hold Introduction to Coaching Football
Having attended the course you should feel more confident and able to:
- Apply and extend you existing coaching skills to meet the needs of players with a range of impairments
- Establish basic communication skills for coaching disabled footballers
- Use appropriate terminology
- Identify appropriate safety and medical considerations
- Plan a wide range or coaching sessions for disabled players
- Use the inclusion spectrum to plan your coaching sessions to include disabled players or provide alternative appropriate opportunities
Unfortunately there are no available dates.
Unfortunately due to an increasing number of candidates cancelling at late notice, it is with regret that we have had to make changes to our booking policy. Therefore the ‘Association’ has introduced a strict cancellation and transfer policy. Should a Learner need to cancel their place on a course for any reason, the following criteria will apply:
- More than 21 days notice – Full refund less a £10 administration charge.
- 20 - 14 days notice – 50% of course cost returned or transfer available for a surcharge of £10
- 13 days or less notice – No refund is returned
Consideration will be given to candidates who, for health reasons are unable to attend and require a transfer to another course. A letter from a doctor or medical professional may be requested.
Transferring Onto A Different CourseCandidates wishing to transfer to another course more than 21 days prior to the commencement.
Want to find out more?
Unfortunately not. Each individual learner is required to book their place using their own FAN and Password. This is to ensure our information on medical conditions, emergency contacts etc is accurate and up to date. The booking agreement is always between Staffordshire FA and the individual learner.
No, learners are required to attend all dates and times associated to the course they have booked onto. Failure to attend all dates and times will result in non-qualification and individuals will need to book and pay to attend the course again in full to become certificated.
We are unable to reserve places or take part payments for any of our courses. Bookings are taken on a first come first served basis from online registration where full payment is required.
We do not operate a waiting list for any of our courses or notify individuals of new courses being added or spaces becoming available. Places are taken on a strict first come first served basis.
Upon completion of your FA Safeguarding Children Workshop or the FA Emergency Aid Workshop, you can print off your certificate by clicking HERE. FA Education administer all certificates for the standalone FA Emergency Aid and FA Safeguarding Children Workshops. Certificates usually take around 8 - 10 to be processed after the registers are updated following the course.
Click here to receive a reminder.
You can request a password reset here.
Before choosing to cancel you may want to familiarize yourself with our cancellation policy.