Football Participation Officer
Position: Football Participation Officer
Term: Full Time
Hours: 36.5 per week
Employer: Staffordshire Football Association
The Staffordshire Football Association aims to ensure the long term future of the game by providing the best possible environment and infrastructure where football will flourish in the County for all regardless of background or ability. We are passionate about developing grassroots football and we are now actively recruiting a highly motivated and dynamic Football Participation Officer to join the Football Services Team. This exciting role will lead the growth and development of football participation programmes for existing and potential participants within adult football. Working with key partners to create innovative solutions to enhance current opportunities and create new, diverse programmes to benefit participants aged 18+.
• To support and oversee all aspects of Adult Male Football including acting as a key contact with appropriate Clubs, Leagues, Partners and Participants to meet key performance objectives
• To support the delivery of the National Game Strategy across the Staffordshire FA network
The key work areas include:
• Plan and deliver programmes to deliver the targets to retain and grow participation for 11v11, veterans and small sided male game including transition to U18 and U21 football
• To take specific responsibility for work within the adult game, increasing understanding and awareness of key issues and barriers to participation and to identify potential for growth to deliver CFA targets.
• Lead and support the review and delivery of Adult competition and league structures with providers to ensure the structure meets the needs of all players, including flexible formats
• Lead the delivery of the County FA’s Recreational Football offer
• Analyse and use national and local data & insight to design and deliver customer focused services. Establish and lead key focus groups
• Work with Higher Education Establishments to provide a comprehensive football offer
• Design and deliver a programme of services to Clubs and Leagues, supporting the recruitment and development of volunteers.
• Support the FA Charter Standard Clubs and League programme within the Adult game
• Ensure the FA Respect programme is embedded within Adult Male and Small Sided game
To apply: Applicants will be expected to have experience of managing multiple priorities, meeting key deadlines and providing exemplary customer service. Experience of working in a football/sports development network is essential as well as experience in building key strategic partnerships. You need to be passionate and committed to enhancing grassroots football, have the ability to inspire, be innovative and influence to be successful. Excellent administration, IT and communication skills are also required.
Strong relationship management, the drive to be successful and passion for the game are essential as well as being able to demonstrate both team working and the ability to work unsupervised. Candidates will have exemplary interpersonal skills and be able to inspire.
To formally apply: Please submit your CV and covering letter outlining your suitability against the responsibilities of the role to: Staffordshire FA, Dyson Court, Staffordshire Technology Park, Beaconside, Stafford, ST18 0LQ, marked for the attention of Kevin Staples. Alternatively, please email you application to firstname.lastname@example.org stating in the subject line ‘Ref: Football Participation Officer’
Closing date: Friday 28th December 2018
Interviews will take place: w/c 7th January 2019
Staffordshire FA are committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Please note: Due to the number of expected applications for the position, if you have not heard from us within 5 days of the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.