The aim of the Referee Junior CORE is to assist in the development, training and coaching of referees who have the potential to progress to senior referee status. It is designed to deliver specific and relevant training to ambitious, dedicated and talented referees.
Who can be part of the Junior CORE Group?
The Referee Junior CORE is made up from a selected group of level 7 to level 5 officials. These officials attend a specified number of training sessions each season which are specifically aimed at improving not only their fitness levels but also include specific technical sessions with key note speakers in attendance. Ollie Yates is the Junior CORE Manager, John Maskrey and Craig Taylor are North and South Co-Ordinators respectively.
What are the benefits of joining the group?
- Provision of a FA qualified referee coach to support your development.
- Bi-monthly training sessions
- Technical classroom based sessions following the physical training sessions throughout the season to enhance knowledge and skills.
- Appointments to selected County Cup Ties.
- Officiating Academy matches.
- Opportunity to develop towards the County Senior Development Group and or the National Referees Development Group that aims to progress officials to level 3 and beyond.
Information about Academy Fixtures
Games are played on Saturday's and Sunday's at the training grounds of the senior clubs in the county with a variety of youth age groups. These games provide the opportunity for both players and referees to develop in a controlled and safe environment. Officials will be expected to act as both referee and assistant referee and officiate in other leagues across the county.
Referee Junior CORE Criteria
- You must be an active referee
- Current Level 7 / 6 / 5 referee
- Willing to attend all sessions - engaging in physical and classroom based training
- Participate in academy games
- Referee on Sunday morning open age football
- Seeking promotion (desirable but not essential)
- Officiate on County Cup appointments
- Must sign a Code of Conduct