What is FA Mars Just Play?
Do you deliver a turn up and play session for 16 years +? Or are you looking to start a turn up and play session? This could be regular casual sessions with your friends, Walking Football, Futsal, female football, Mums Play Football, beginner sessions and MORE! This programme is designed to support you to deliver these sessions.
The FA’s aim is to have FA Mars Just Play centres covering the whole country to ensure that anyone who wants to get involved in recreational opportunities has an opportunity to do so – and with your help we can achieve this in Staffordshire.
Whether you already have a group of interested participants or you’re looking to provide an opportunity for those in your local community, we want to hear from you and in return can offer a range of benefits to getting involved.
For being an FA Mars Just Play Centre, you would get:
• Equipment pack – Five Nike footballs, a set of branded bibs, cones and a marketing banner
• Digital marketing library – Access to a range of digital marketing assets including A4 & A3 Posters, A5 Leaflets, Social, Digital & Email Signatures
• Just Play organiser kit – Nike branded kit including t-shirt, shorts, pants and rain jacket for your session organiser
• Just Play organiser support – Guidance and support provided to all session leads to help maximise delivery
• £200 worth of funding – this will only be made available when 16 weeks’ worth of completed registers have been uploaded to the provided portal
• FA events platform – A new digital platform upon which you simply and easily organise your kickabouts, and take your registers
• National promotion – The FA & Mars will help promote the programme nationally helping to attract potential new participants to your kickabouts.
• Support from Staffordshire FA – We are on hand to provide additional support to make your centre a success. We recommend getting in touch with us before making your application
What does being an FA Mars Just Play Centre Entail?
• You need to have an FA Level 1 coach present at your session with an in date FA emergency aid (please contact us if you do not have the qualifications but wish to apply)
• You need to run weekly sessions for a minimum of 32 weeks per year.
• You must upload a weekly register to the provided portal
• All of your participants must register to your session online
• You must attend an introduction evening
• You must attend a CPD/Workshop provided by the Staffordshire FA specifically for Just Play Centres
How to apply?
Applications are now OPEN. You are invited to apply on the following link:
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
There are four application deadlines for 2019/20:
Monday 30 September 2019 (You must attend an introduction evening on Tuesday 1 October)
Friday 29 November 2019 (You must attend an introduction evening on: Monday 2 December)
Friday 31 January 2020 (You must attend an introduction evening on Monday 3 February)
Wednesday 29 April 2020 (You must attend an introduction evening on Thursday 30 April)
N.B. Your application will only be approved once you have attended an introduction evening.