National FA and McDonald's Grassroots Football Award Winners Announced
Selected from over 4,906 nominations from across England, including Staffordshire, these awards celebrate the people who make grassroots football happen week-in, week-out.
From supporters, referees, coaches and volunteers, Grassroots Football Award winners demonstrate the values and behaviours which mean grassroots football can be the best place for people to play and enjoy football for all.
This year’s national winners are:
• Grassroots Coach of the Year - Lizzie Pacey, Pride Park FC (Derbyshire FA)
• Grassroots Club of the Year - Chadderton Park Sports Club (Manchester FA)
• Grassroots League of the Year - Mid Lancashire Colts Junior Football League (Lancashire FA)
• Grounds Team of the Year - Tony Sanders, Earls Barton United (Northamptonshire FA)
• Grassroots Match Official of the Year - Chad Roberts (Birmingham FA)
• Grassroots Volunteer of the Year - James Galt, North West Disability Hub (Lancashire FA)
• Rising Star of the Year - Asha Mohamud & Ali Zaman (Middlesex FA)
• Grassroots Supporter of the Year - Thomas Woodrow (Berks & Bucks FA)
• Grassroots Project of the Year - Follo FC (Manchester FA)
• We Only Do Positive Respect Award – Shropshire Junior Football League (Shropshire FA)
• Bobby Moore Award – Paul Rimmer, Liverpool Homeless Football Club (Liverpool FA)
If you would like to find out more about the national winners, view the YouTube videos listed above or click the link below.
To remind yourself of who won Grassroots Football Awards for the county of Staffordshire this year, please CLICK HERE