- Minimum Age: 16
- Course Prerequisites: None
- Course Duration: Maximum 32 hours
- Course Cost: £135
- FA Emergency Aid (included in the course programme)
- FA Safeguarding Children in Football (included in the course programme)
Theory: There are 7 theory based course tasks covered which are:
- Young Player Development
- Football Club Aministration
- Parents and Carers - Respect and responsibilities to the game
- Football For All
- Delivery of a Football Activity Session
- Laws of the Game
- Assessed Practical Task
Practical: The practical sessions will cover the practices in the introduction to coaching handbook and dvd.
The internal tutor will deliver a number of the practices that you will take part in. You will also have the opportunity to deliver a practice with colleagues that will allow the tutor to give feedback to individuals and to the group to enable you to identify strengths adn weaknesses, design personal session plans and complete a football coaching review sheet after a short question and answer with the internal assessor.
Assessment: Assessment is via successful completion of:
1. All pre-requisites (First Aid/Safeguarding Children)
2. All portfolio tasks
3. Practical delivery of a 20 minute practical coaching activity based on a specific skill and age group, which demonstrates safe practice, organisation, enjoyment and progression to meet the needs of the players.
Re-assessment: Candidates can be reassessed within a 12 month period from registration on the course.
Practical Involvement: Candidates will be encouraged to participate practically to maximise their opportunities for learning. (This however will not prevent successful completion of the award)
How to book onto a course
You can book online for any of our courses by clicking on this link - BOOKING ONLINE
All you need to do is click the course you want to book onto, enter your FAN number and password, check your details are all correct and then proceed to the secure payment section. Once you have paid you will receive a confirmation email and you are booked straight onto the course.
You can also book on by completing the application form attached below and sending back with payment to Gemma Turner, Staffordshire FA, Dyson Court, Staffordshire Technology Park, Beaconside, Stafford, ST18 0LQ. Once received by Staffordshire FA your booking will be confirmed via email.
Please Note: No places can be reserved until application form and payment is received by Staffordshire FA.
Unfortunately due to an increasing number of candidates cancelling at late notice, it is with regret that we have had to make changes to our booking policy. Therefore the ‘Association’ has introduced a strict cancellation and transfer policy. Should a candidate need to cancel their place on a course for any reason, the following criteria will apply:
- More than 14 days notice – Full refund less a £10 administration charge.
- 14 days or less notice – 50% of course cost returned or transfer available for a surcharge of £10.
- 7 days or less notice – No refund is returned, only transfer available for a surcharge of £10.
Consideration will be given to candidates who, for health reasons are unable to attend and require a transfer to another course. A letter from a doctor or medical professional may be requested.
Candidates wishing to transfer to another course more than 14 days prior to the commencement date will incur the following cost:
An administration fee of £10 will be charged.
If you have any questions regarding the Level 1 Award in Coaching Football please contact Gemma Turner:
T: 01785 279832