Football Participation Officer - Disability (Maternity Cover)
The Staffordshire Football Association aims to ensure the long term future of the game by providing the best possible environment and infrastructure where football will flourish in the County for all regardless of background or ability. We are passionate about developing grassroots football and we are now seeking to recruit a highly motivated and dynamic Football Participation Officer to join the Football Services Team to lead the growth and development of football participation programmes for participants with disabilities. Working with key partners to create innovative solutions to enhance current opportunities and create new, diverse programmes to benefit disabled participants across the game.
This role is being offered as a 10 month contract to cover a maternity period up to September 2019.
Role Description• To support and develop all areas of disability football in accordance with the County FA Business and Disability Workforce Fund (DWF) plans and to support the achievement of all County FA targets.
• Unite disability football through the strategic coordination of all disability football provision locally, ensuring provision is aligned and positively impacts the priority areas for disability football, thereby sustaining and growing participation levels at a local level.
The key work areas are:
• Plan and deliver programmes to retain and grow participation for players with a disability aged 5+ within both affiliated and recreational settings
• Lead and support a disability football forum/steering group to fulfil a strategic role of aligning current and future disability football provision and investment by ensuring an integrated approach from the CFA, Premier League and Football League Clubs together with key partners from across the disability, health, education and community & voluntary sectors
• Analyse and make use of national and local data & insight to design and deliver customer focused services that address priority areas for disability football. Establish and lead key focus groups
• Support the development of the Staffordshire Ability Counts Programme and club services
• Ensure the workforce is adequate to develop disability football and is supported and developed across coaches, referees, volunteers and young leaders
• Lead and deliver the disability talent development programme within the County
• Support the delivery of targeted campaigns, the work of grassroots clubs and the County FA
To apply: Applicants will be expected to have excellent administration, IT and communication skills and have experience of managing multiple priorities, meeting key deadlines and providing exemplary customer service. Experience of working in a football/sports development network is essential as well as experience in building key strategic partnerships. You need to be passionate and committed to enhancing football at a local level, have the ability to inspire, be innovative and influence to be successful.
Strong relationship management and presentation skills are required and candidates must be able to demonstrate both team working and the ability to work unsupervised. Partnership working is key with candidates expressing excellent interpersonal skills.
To formally apply: Please submit your CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for the role against the responsibilities of the role to: Staffordshire FA, Dyson Court, Staffordshire Technology Park, Beaconside, Stafford, ST18 0LQ, marked for the attention of Kevin Staples. Alternatively, please email you application to email@example.com stating in the subject line ‘Ref: Football Participation Officer’
Closing date: Tuesday 30th October 2018
Interviews will take place: w/c 5th November 2018
Staffordshire FA are committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Please note: Due to the number of expected applications for the position, if you have not heard from us within 5 days of the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.